Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Where has Halloween gone?

I am back home in Kentucky now, a place where I haven't been during Halloween for nearly 15 years. What the hell happened? I made a special trip out to get candy this afternoon, but there have been all of four trick-or-treaters come to the door tonight. They came together. They came in their parents' car. It was a drive-by. I really just don't understand it. One of the reasons I rushed home was to be here on Halloween. Halloween was once a fun holiday. What happened?

On the flipside, the absolute lack of trick-or-treaters has allowed for my sister and me to sneak out other doors of the house and ring the front doorbell only to have other members of our family be disappointed as they open the door. It's all in good fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home